We normally camp earlier in the fall season but so many were asking when is the IDC Camping adventure so we said Let’s Do It. We will snuggle up, build a BIG fire and enjoy storytelling around the campfire. Camping the ole fashion way is fun and exciting when we work together. We get to create a beautiful communal space for the night.
Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
Where: Falls Lake Recreation Park (Shinleaf Group Camping) Loblolly area
13708 New Light Road
Wake Forest, NC
Come camp with us under the stars and talk, laugh and share stories.
Here are some ideas for things to bring:
In and Around Camp
• Sleeping bags or blow up mattresses
• Pump for mattress
• Pillows, bedding
• Folding/camping chairs
• Headlamps (for nighttime walking)
• Flashlights (get batteries)
• Toilet paper
Clothing and footwear
• Shower shoes
• Warm clothes as it will be November
• Good shoes and socks for hiking
• Sleepwear, sweatpants, warm hat etc…
• Rainwear (just in case)
• Towel and washcloths/soap/
Bring items that you like to eat for lunch, dinner, and breakfast. Canned goods etc…and something sweet.
• Charcoal, firewood
• Grill Rack
• Frying pan, pot
• Coffee pot
• Bottle/can opener
• Food storage bags
• Trash bags, tablecloth, foil and duct tape
• Coolers, ice, plates, bowls and utensils
Other fun stuff
• Cards, checkers, books, your imagination plus a buddy!!
There will be games, fun, grilling, campfire stories, interesting discussions, food, singing and much more. So grab a lawn chair, tent, mattress, a friend or two, flashlight, warm clothes, some snacks/food and let’s spend a day and evening enjoying good fall weather and fellowship!!